Monday, November 8, 2021

Blog #1: Top 5 News Sources

TMZ

    TMZ is an infamous news outlet that features breaking stories about celebrities and those in the entertainment field. It’s notorious for the scandalous nature of stories in which they provide an exclusive scoop that is individual to only them. I find myself gravitating to this news outlet because they always have the newest knowledge of a story and have access to many sources closest to celebrities. They were the first outlet to break the news of Kobe Bryaant’s death and first to have actual footage of Tristan Thompson cheating on Khloe Kardashian according to this source.

The Washington Post

    The Washington Post is one of the oldest news productions that is both available as a printed newspaper and on an online platform. It features current politics, national news, entertainment stories and more. I use this news outlet, when a major story has hit the news and I’m looking for a detailed article of the events that took place such as the Travis Scott concert where 8 people died according to this article.

Snapchat News Outlet (Worldstar & Hollywire)

    Snapchat has integrated news outlets in the social media app when you slide down to the bottom of the page. The small news outlets apart of Snapchat such as WorldStar and Hollywire are simulated as snapchat stories and not like a regular news outlet. They are usually entertainment and celebrity based and are often very short. They usually provide visuals and get straight to the gist of the story.


BBC

    BBC is a British news outlet that dates back to 1922. I find this platform to hold a fairly centered position as far as politically and is very useful for recent global news. It is available in print form as well as online forms such as video and audio. I usually listen to the BBC news station in the car and the premise around the stories gets to the point easily but also shares background information that helps build the scope to what it is.

NBC

    When I watch the news on T.V., I’m usually inclined to watch NBC News, a broadcasting outlet that covers both local and global stories. I enjoy watching and listening to Lester Holt, an anchor on the nightly news and host of Dateline. When I want to watch news that is especially riveting and interesting such as the L.A Riots from last year, NBC had the live footage and reporting of the events taking place in the streets. Overall, I appreciate the exclusive field reporting and media production that NBC provides for live newsworthy content.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #12: Final Post

     When I  think about technology in general, I correspond it with the useful apps on my phone such as weather, maps, calendar, camera, vi...